Are you always looking for a super easy recipe to add to your menu plan? Yeah, me too. And if it is super cheap as well, then we have ourselves a double whammy!
One of my favorites is this crazy easy chicken tortilla soup recipe. With super cheap ingredients your will love adding this to your menu plan. And best of all, your family will devour it! If you don’t have this in your regular rotation, you need to add it now.
Best part about this recipe:
- uses crazy cheap chicken thighs
- set it and forget it – make the most of you slow cooker with this one!
- quintessential home-cooking, comfort food
That’s it, need I say more? Let’s get cooking my easy chicken tortilla soup!
- Salt, pepper, seasoning on 3-4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- Chop up a small onion (or half of a medium one)
- Sear in a pan for just a few minutes on each side (like 2!)
- 3ish cups of chicken broth in the bottom of the crockpot and put in chicken
- Sautee the onions for just a few minutes in the chicken drippings
- Pour in one cup of dried beans that have been soaked overnight.
- Pour in the onions on top sprinkle garlic powder on top and then stir
- Add in two cans of diced tomatoes (whatever is on sale – rotel, fire roasted, regular)
- Stir and then sprinkle on paprika, cumin, and chili powder; stir again
- Set and forget on low for six hours
- take out the chicken thighs and de-bone (should be super easy as they have been in crockpot all day)
- add chicken back and stir
- serve in bowls garnished with sliced avocado, enjoy!